Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mine errands

Here's a list of some of the things I've done this week that have prevented me from devoting time to the ol' blog this week:

--watching BYU pull off the greatest comeback in NCAA Tournament history to advance past the "first round" to the actual tournament

--watching BYU fail to come back from a big deficit in the round of 64 of said tournament

--filling out 21 (yep, 21) March Madness brackets

--watching as much basketball as I can as 18 of the 21 brackets were busted beyond repair by the end of the first day

--two days of mandatory work training (I don't blog while I'm working, but I usually have a 10-second commute and shower on my lunch break. This time I had a 15-minute commute each way and had to shower before I left. It adds up. Don't know how you regular folks do that every day.)

--hosting a "Pi Day" dinner group consisting of multiple pizza and dessert pies

So it's been a fun but busy week. As a result, I don't have any interesting angles or insights related to the upcoming Sunday School lesson (which covers some of Jacob's teachings to his people, thereby fulfilling his "errand from the Lord). This is potentially a problem, because I'm teaching Gospel Doctrine this Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to pull myself away from basketball enough this weekend to be adequately prepared, but just in case, read the chapters. And come to my class and make lots of comments. 'Preciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment