Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hoffmann of the Month update

Knock knock.

Who's there?

April.

April who?

April Fool's!

So, it turns out I'm NOT related to the inventor of the knock-knock joke. At least, not that I know of. There is no such person as Pirla Sofol Hofmann. Some of you may have noticed that that is an anagram for April Fool's Hofmann. The picture is of early-20th century poet/humorist Dorothy Parker, an appropriate choice since in addition to National Humor Month, April is also National Poetry Month.

I'll have a new "Hoffmann of the Month" in May, and I promise that one will be a real person. In the meantime, I want to know...did I fool you?

4 comments:

  1. You told me in advance - but I think you would have fooled me if I hadn't known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally fell for it. Ack, I'm such a goober.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely fooled. So much so I commented. Alas. But really--at least it was a good story. I mean if I'm going to be fooled I rather it be for something as creative as a relation to the knock knock joke inventor. I mean that's cool. Maybe I just wanted it to be true...

    ReplyDelete