Thursday, June 14, 2012

Money talks



This is going to be a quickie today. I've been going back and forth between work and Scout Camp since early Monday morning with very little time for anything else in between, including sleep. And tonight I leave for New York and won't be back until next Tuesday.

So enjoy the above video. Some sacrament meeting talk cliches I enjoy, some I don't. One of my least favorites to hear is "For those of you who don't know me..." This week's Sunday School scripture block includes Amulek's version of that line: "I am also a man of no small reputation among all those who know me" (Alma 10:4). I recommend checking out his entire sermon and the relevant study guide material before class this Sunday.

These chapters also include a lengthy interlude explaining Nephite coinage (in order to indicate the magnitude of Zeezrom's attempted bribe--he offered Amulek the equivalent of 42 days' wages if he would deny the existence of God). Reading about the senines and onties and whatnot always makes me think of David Puddy's fascination with Scandinavian currency. Hopefully I don't end up in the "Vegetable Lasagna" role on my flight tonight. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment