Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The right to bears, arms (AKA "Guns & Ammon")

This Sunday's lesson is on Ammon's mission to the Lamanites, one of the best-known stories from the Book of Mormon. It's so prevalent that it's already come up on my blog a few times.

Last September I had a post featuring many of my favorite cheesy church videos. This one was the crown jewel:



(I think that awful movie Ted (in theaters this weekend!) is adapted from that clip. Mark Wahlberg is a convincing Ammon.)

Want to see some of the aftermath of that story? Go here, then click on "Ammon & King Lamoni" and watch the first clip. You'll thank me later.

Later in September, Ammon popped up on my blog again, as I chronicled my emergence from the Winder 2nd Ward Primary Time Machine and freaked some kids out with the help of my friend Julia's mannequin arms.

I'm sure these posts and videos will really help the scriptures come to life as you study this week. But if not, I'm sure it won't be long before I link to the Ammon-Bear video again. Social media is the modern-day version of Abish going house to house, and just like the conversion of Lamoni and his household, this HAS to be made known unto all the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment