Saturday, January 5, 2013

No more Sunday School posts...

...I'm just kidding!


That, my friends, is Fred Armisen's Fericito--one of the most underrated recurring Saturday Night Live characters of the last decade. I miss him. He had a bunch of catchphrases, the two biggest of which are featured above. I've already quoted the second one in this post, but the first one is the reason for its inclusion here--whenever I read the word Idumea in the first section of the Doctine and Covenants, I hear Fericito's voice in my head saying "ay, Dios mio!"

If you're wondering, Idumea is used in this context to represent the wicked world, those who reject the revelations of modern prophets, many of which are contained in the D&C. This week's Gospel Doctrine lesson is an intro to that particular book of scripture and the teachings that will be covered this year. Learn more here. Then enjoy Fericito's SNL debut, and some great interaction with "Bono" mocking a truly ridiculous song lyric.But make sure to do your studying before watching the funny videos--it's more professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment