Thursday, April 18, 2013

GIFs of the Spirit

On Easter Sunday, my ward held an extended, combined Relief Society-Priesthood meeting, and as a result we didn't have Sunday School. I thought we would go back to the skipped lesson this past Sunday, so I didn't write a BASOTRUSSL post last week. Alas, I was wrong, and now we'll never know how I would've distorted the Law of Consecration to suit my blogging purposes. But I'm back with a vengeance this week, converting the upcoming Gospel Doctrine lesson on the gifts of the spirit into the "GIFs of the Spirit."

(The title and concept of this post won't mesh as well with the Sunday School lesson if you're one of the misguided souls who pronounces GIF with a "j." I know "choosy moms choose JIF," but as for me and my house, when it comes to funny animated images, choosy memes choose hard-g GIFs. Our GIF journey is based on Doctrine and Covenants 46:11-26:

"For there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God...


...to some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby...


...to some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God...


...to others it is given to believe on their words...


...to some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know the differences of administration...


...it is given by the Holy Ghost to some to know the diversities of operations...


...to some is given...the word of wisdom...


...to another is given the word of knowledge...


...to some it is given to have faith to be healed...


...to others it is given to have faith to heal...


...to some is given the working of miracles...


...to others it is given to prophesy...


...to others the discerning of spirits...


...it is given to some to speak with tongues...


...to another is given the interpretation of tongues...


...and all these gifts come from God, for the benefit of the children of God."


I would LOVE it if you shared your favorite animated GIFs--whether related to these topics or not--in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great teaching idea, Jeff. It makes the learner consider what is really meant by each verses of scripture. My favorite is the first GIF because it makes me remember that I ought to be more grateful for the gifts I have been given.

    ReplyDelete