Friday, March 29, 2013

Found in Translation

This week's Sunday School lesson focuses on Joseph Smith's crucial role as Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Translator, bringing forth the vast majority of the Standard Works of the LDS Church.

I struggled to think of anything to write on this topic, which is ironic since the main point of these Sunday School posts is to promote scripture study. Instead, I will share one of my favorite videos the Church has ever produced.

It's hard for me to do a completely serious post, so I'll point out a few quirks from the video that I enjoy:

--Old-timey shaving scenes with their old-timey shaving implements are always funny to me.
--It's kind of a bummer to see the woman who powerfully asked, "What does that mean, you've been the good guy?" in The Prodigal Son, deliver a line as cheesy as "I discovered I was missing a husband."
--President Obama wasn't the first person to bear a striking resemblance to an actor portraying the devil. Right, Ammon?

The film is fairly long, but well worth your time. I'm so glad to have The Book of Mormon in my life. I know it is the word of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment