Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hoffmann of the Month: March



March's "Hoffmann of the Month" (spelled that way to encompass all Hofmans, Hoffmans, Hofmanns, and Hoffmanns) is comedian Ben Hoffman. I'm a few days late getting this up, but my tardiness allowed me to include his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's show last night.

Ben is a comedian whose new show, The Ben Show, debuted on Comedy Central last week. The show is TERRIBLE. The clip above is kinda funny, but nothing on his show approached even that level of humor. On top of that, it was also extremely crass, though that's not surprising given its time slot and the network it appears on. I don't recommend that anyone watch it, but if you want to try it out for yourself, you may do so here.

So if I hate the show, why am I honoring Ben Hoffman as the Hoffmann of the Month? Because he's an inspiration to anyone who has dreams of becoming a celebrity. He has proved that, even if you're virtually unknown (his bio is tiny and his resume only slightly longer, though I'm jealous of his appearances on New Girl and Arrested Development, small though they were), and don't seem to be particularly talented or likable, you can still get your own TV show. Congratulations, Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment