Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hoffmann of the Month: May


I usually try to get my "Hoffmann of the Month" blog (my monthly post honoring a deserving Hofman, Hofmann, Hoffman, or Hoffmann) published on the first or second day after the calendar page changes. My slight tardiness led me to find a very deserving honoree. So, please join me in congratulating Matt Hofmann, the Hoffmann of the Month for May!

Based on the small amount of research I've done, it appears that Matt is a "social media rockstar," to use the parlance of the day--a parlance which, as a "social media guru," I actively despise. But it's still true. For starters, he was enough of an early adopter to get the Twitter handle @hofmann (have to admit, I'm pretty jealous), and he's clearly quite active on that service. Some quick Googling helped me find his profile on a number of more specialized social networks as well.

The main reason Matt is such a timely choice is evident from his bios on these networks--today is Star Wars Day (as in, May the Fourth Be With You), and Hofmann is a self-described Star Wars fanatic. I like Star Wars just fine, and even attended a May the Fourth event last year, getting my picture taken with some costumed characters. Well, Matt IS one of those guys who dresses up and performs at events like that (sometimes even as a Tusken Raider). He even served a stint as "Legion Commanding Officer," which as far as I can tell means he was the highest ranking Star Wars recreationist in all of Indiana. Even better, he uses it as a highlight of his career on his LinkedIn page. I really admire people who own their passions to that degree.

So, Matt Hofmann, congratulations on being named Hoffmann of the Month! You deserve it. The Force is certainly strong with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment