Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reruns

I'm running a clip show for this week's BASOTRUSSL post. A few reasons for this:

1) I'm headed out of town tonight and won't be back until Sunday night; in the interim I won't be on the Internet much.

2) The topic of this week's Gospel Doctrine lesson is almost identical to next week's, so this will save me from having to come up with a second blog idea for this particular subject.

3) Halloween is nearly upon us, and these lessons deal with spirits, the dead rising, and other "supernatural" phenomena, so it's a good fit calendar-wise.

4) I'm very enamored of my own writing, so I like to revisit my old work from time to time and give new readers a chance to see it.

So instead of a new BASOTRUSSL, check out these old ones...

In a post from 2011 (which was actually a repurposing of a 2010 email, making this a copy of a copy, hopefully not with Multiplicity-like effects), I recalled Halloween '99 (copy of a copy of a copy?), when I gave a sacrament meeting talk on the holiday, comparing it to the Atonement.

Then last year, I made some even bigger stretches to relate Halloween to Christ's post-resurrection visit to the Americas. Check it out.

All righty then...back with new content next week. Hope your costumes are all coming along--only two weeks left until the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment