Monday, June 27, 2011

Pampering myself

No, this isn't a post about my childhood problems with bedwetting. I'm not ready to talk about that yet.

I work my body so strenuously in my day-to-day life (sarcasm is easily detectable in print, right?) that sometimes it needs some extra TLC. In the last 6 months, I've had my first-ever head-neck-and-shoulders massage (didn't really like it), my first-ever full body massage (liked it much more than I thought I would), and just a few days ago, my first-ever pedicure (not too bad).

I've avoided these types of things until now for a couple of reasons: first of all, it seems the main purposes for these kinds of things are to relieve stress (which I encounter very little of) and/or to look good (which I don't worry too much about). More importantly, I've worried that I might really, really like them and want to pamper myself on a more regular basis, which could prove to be quite costly. While I generally enjoyed these sessions, I don't think this will be an issue anymore.

One thing that was never a consideration was my so-called "man card," which my brother said I would have to turn in when I told him about my pedi. If being dirty and sweaty and fighting and engaging in other hyper-masculine activities are the requirements for being a man, I'm ok with just being a male.

Anyway...on to the pictures!


Oh yeah...in addition to the cuticle care and the grinding of callouses and such, we went all out and got the nails painted too. ("We" being me and my roommate Petey, who was the instigator of this adventure. But I chose the color.)


Our friend and neighbor Amber graciously made a house call for us rookie pedicurees. She did a great job, and also politely kept any comments about how gross our feet were to herself.


Petey's toes. He only lasted about a week before getting rid of the pink. I'm on Day 11 now and going strong.


The after picture. Yes, my feet and toes are a little hairy. But that's ok, because I'm 1/16th hobbit. And yes, that is my belly sticking out into the shot. This little piggy had roast beef.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jeff. You CRACK ME UP! I am always trying to get my man friends to let me paint their toes cause I think it is hilarious to see their reactions. I don't know how I would react if one of them ever said yes. This is too too awesome.

    ReplyDelete