Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hoffmann of the Month


New blogs need new features, so I'm proud to debut "Hoffmann of the Month." I'm spelling it Hoffmann, because that way I can include all the Hofmans, Hoffmans, Hofmanns, and Hoffmann. If I made it "Hoffmann of the Week," it probably wouldn't be long before I resorted to featuring the likes of Felicity Huffman, David Hasselhoff, or Warwick Davis. (Get it? He's a "Half Man!") But there are enough great ones to supply me with at least two years of monthly Hoffmanns. So without further ado, the June 2011 Hoffmann of the Month is...

E. T. A. HOFMANN

Why he's awesome: Check out those sideburns! Plus, his given name is Ernst Theodor Wilhelm, but he wisely swapped out the Wilhelm for Amadeus.

Oh, and he wrote the story on which The Nutcracker is based, and his writings inspired several other ballets and operas, including The Tales of Hoffmann, which is of course the inspiration for my blog name.

Congratulations, E. T. A. Hoffmann, on being named the inaugural Hoffmann of the Month! You deserve it!

2 comments:

  1. Ernst. Another place I miss. Do you remember Ernst? It was a hardware store...back in the day before Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they give popcorn, or was that Eagle? My dad went to Ernst frequently.

    ReplyDelete