Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The happiest blog on earth

I'm a name dropper. I freely admit it. For example: you know that guy who plays Therm in those Questar commercials? I used to do improv with that jerk guy!

Now that we've established that I'm a name dropper, allow me to drop another name. Most likely you've seen this video:



Well guess what? I know that family! The mother, Katie, is the best friend of my good friend Marlene. Back in 2008 the three of us (and my friend Megan) auditioned for American Idol together, which you can read about here (you'll notice that I do some name dropping in that post as well).

In case you're the type that doesn't like clicking on links, here's a picture of Katie (and some special guests) to whet your appetite. You'll have to check the other post to get the context.





And now, the video is blowing up everywhere. On Monday the whole family appeared on Fox & Friends, and they've been on Good Morning America and pretty much every Internet site. The YouTube video is approaching 3 million views in just over a week since it was posted.

It's been fun to closely observe the progression of a truly viral Internet sensation. I'm totally on the "Lily's Disneyland Surprise" bandwagon. Because that's what I do. I'm a name dropper.

2 comments:

  1. awe thanks jeff! funny that you have THAT pic of me being a nerd on the trax! remember those weirdos behind us?? anyway, things have been nuts! the internet is a crazy place but we have had the time of our lives!! im so proud of lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. I LOVE this video! And what a beautiful little girl, rivaled only by my very own niece:-) Imagine Christmas.
    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete