Friday, October 14, 2011

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

[I don't really have anything to say about this week's Sunday School lesson, but go here if you want to study what I've been studying.]

Over the last week I've had an overabundance of good fortune. The three most noteworthy events, in ascending order of importance:

1) The stalemate is over...and I won! The other night, I grabbed my TP and headed to the bathroom, and was shocked to see one there already. I opened the cupboard beneath the sink and was even more shocked by what I saw--a package with the other three rolls in it! I have no idea what finally caused my roommate to break, and I certainly won't ask him. I may be fully toilet-trained, but that doesn't mean I'm mature. I won!

2) It took almost six months, but my car is finally street-legal again. My registration expired way back in April. I failed the safety test due to a brake issue, and before I could get that fixed an engine issue had also arisen. Based on the initial estimate I received I couldn't afford to fix it, and wasn't sure I wanted to pump that kind of money into a 16-year-old car anyway.

So for months, I've been driving as little as possible, both because my car was potentially unsafe and because I didn't want a ticket. But I knew I wanted this resolved before the winter weather started, so I took it in...and the total cost ended up being more than $1000 less than I expected! I won't be surprised if it needs more work done in the next few months, but for now it's legal and seems to be running properly.

It's kind of unsettling to me that I was able to easily justify driving on expired plates for almost half a year. Vehicle registration is not really a moral issue in and of itself, but choosing to disobey a law is. But that's probably a topic for another time.

3) About this time last year, I was promoted to JetBlue's new social media team. And it was awesome. Last April, due to some attendance issues (a long, boring, and extremely frustrating set of circumstances), I was demoted back to answering phones. And it's been anything but awesome. But a few days ago, I was re-moted (copyright Jeff Hofmann, 2011), and I start back with my old team on Monday. I'll be getting a raise and doing much more enjoyable work.

So things are going pretty good for me right now. On this particular Friday, we we we truly are so excited.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I commented on this post already, but since I didn't I will now. WELCOME BACK! I'm glad we made your list of good fortunes.

    ReplyDelete