Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hoffmann of the Month: February



The "Hoffmann of the Month" for February is animal trainer Bill Hoffman!

I know it's Black History Month, and I've selected another white guy here, but, well, there aren't a lot of black people named Hoffman, or Hofmann, or Hoffmann. In fact, there might not be any. If anyone can tip me off to some, I'll gladly consider them for this prestigious award in future months.

Besides, this is still a timely choice. Mr. Hoffman only has one credit on his IMDb resume, but as Ned Ryerson would say, it's a doozy--Bill was the animal trainer for Groundhog Day! As this article attests, without Hoffman we might not have had this amazing scene:



Almost two decades later, Bill Hoffman is still using his animal expertise to bring joy to the masses. Hire him, and you could end up with your own Kristen Bell sloth moment. I wouldn't mind one bit if someone hired the snake charmer (from the Strolling Entertainment section) for my next birthday!

Congratulations Bill! I'll be thinking of you, however briefly, when I watch Phils Connors and Punxsutawney tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, how about your Hofmann of Months Past, Cody Hoffmann? He's black. Silly Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousin Cody can't be black! He goes to BYU. Black people don't go to BYU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominate Jeff Hofmann for Hofmann of the month! Two sisters voted on it early and the vote was unanimous! We both agree that you are one of the nicest and most thoughtful people! So YOU WIN!

    ReplyDelete