Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cue Jesse Katsopolis

For this week's Sunday School discussion on justice and mercy, I had ambitions to write about examples of justice and injustice in the Olympics, whether it's throwing badminton matches, the vagaries of gymnastics scoring, blatantly corrupt boxing refs, or even a different kind of corruption in the swimming pool.

But it never came together how I wanted. So instead, you get this classic seminary video, a dramatization of Boyd K. Packer's parable of the mediator--a great-in-its-simplicity explanation of the justice/mercy dichotomy and how a mediator (specifically, THE Mediator, Jesus Christ) allows them to coexist.

 

 Oh, and you also get this, in case the post's title confused you. We now move on into the "war chapters" of Alma, and I promise next week's BASOTRUSSL will show a little more creativity.

1 comment:

  1. I was completely puzzled by the title. Duh. I guess I only know him as Uncle Jesse. But now, thanks to you, I know he has a last name.

    ReplyDelete