Friday, December 14, 2012

DIY

You may have noticed the lack of a BASOTRUSSL post last week. We had a special third stake conference for the year. No boundary adjustments or leadership changes, just a General Authority who wanted to visit.

Anyway, back to normal this week. Well, sort of. In this Sunday's Gospel Doctrine lesson we'll be covering one of the best-known stories from The Book of Mormon--the time the Brother of Jared saw the finger of the Lord as it touched and illuminated a bunch of stones.

As you may remember, the brother of Jared had come to the Lord for assistance in providing light for otherwise-pitch black barges that were to be used in a trans-oceanic voyage. The Lord in turn challeneged the brother of Jared to come up with an idea on his own (see Ether 2:23-25). He ultimately "did molten out of a rock sixteen small stones" (Ether 3:1) and asked the Lord to touch them, which He did.

If that method is good enough for God, it's good enough for me. So this week, rather than come up with my own convoluted comparison between the scriptures and something from my life, I'm challenging YOU--my readers--to do it for me.

So hit the comments, folks, and let me know what you would write about if you were molting your own BASOTRUSSL blog post out of this particular block of scripture. Take my word for it, it's really fun.

1 comment:

  1. Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening. I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this content together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount
    of time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
    Check out my site web design miami beach

    ReplyDelete