Thursday, November 29, 2012

Has the day of miracles ceased?

Of course not! This week's Sunday School lesson is all about miracles. To celebrate, here are the top 12 miracle-related music, video, or music video clips I could think of.

12. We'll get the PG-13ish one out of the way first. At least it's not the Full Monty clip.



 11. For those times when you're under attack from flying pineapples.



 10. Not his best song, but the video is like a modern-day Three Amigos, with JBJ as El Guapo. He certainly has a plethora of chest hair.



 9. An '80s classic.



 8. Girl, you look miraculous in those jeans.



 7. I was living in Manhattan when this happened, and it was pretty remarkable.




 6. I first saw this movie on my mission, where it was rated PG for "mild biblical horror." Best. Description. Ever.



 5. The '90s remake was decent, but the new ending they gave it was not nearly as good as this.

4. It's Devo-riffic.



 3. I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!



 2. USA! USA! USA!



 1. Some might think placing that last clip at #2 instead of at #1 is heresy, but it's hard to top this one.



YouTube is pretty much the greatest miracle of the last 15 years--even bigger than the Disneyland FASTPASS or the $2-$4-$6-$8 menu at Denny's. If you can think of a miracle clip that I overlooked, I'd love it if you gave the link in the comments. In the meantime, study up on a more meaningful discussion of miracles in preparation for class.

[This post is a slightly tweaked version of an email I sent to my ward on February 10, 2011, while I was serving as the Sunday School president. That week, the upcoming lesson covered some of the notable miracles from the Savior's mortal ministry. The emails I sent each week back then eventually morphed into these weekly BASOTRUSSL posts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment