Friday, September 2, 2011

Hoffmann of the Month: September


The Hoffmann of the Month for September is prolific British young adult novelist Mary Hoffman! Here's why Mary was chosen:

--Up to this point, all "HotM"s had been dudes.

--Ms. Hoffman advises aspiring fantasy writers to "on no account ever let a plot hinge on a birthmark." Considering her first book, White Magic, was published way back in 1975, I think she might be a wee bit jealous of J.K. Rowling's success. (Yes, I know Harry Potter's lightning bolt is a scar and not a birthmark. I stand by my assumption.)

--Mary's list of top 10 "favourite" foods leads me to believe she's only ever tried 10 foods.

--Most of all, though, I chose Mary Hoffman because she's the author of Earth, Fire, Water, Air, which makes me think of Earth, Wind & Fire, which makes me think of one of the catchiest songs of all time, which makes me think of September!



Congratulations Mary!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I think I've seen some of her work featured here:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161418/

    ReplyDelete